We provide hands-on training, real-world experience and active mentorship for you to jump-start your involvement in the legal industry. We invite you to experience and contribute to the success of one of the Midwest’s best law firms.
Our 10 week-long Summer Associate Program includes:
- Opportunities to work in all four practice groups: business, business litigation, health law and products liability
- An upper-level associate will serve as your mentor and provide one-on-one guidance, support and development
- Monthly in-house continuing legal education (CLE) programs which address important topics such as negotiating skills, interviewing witnesses, discovery issues, handling real estate transactions and the components of wealth planning documents
- Our individually videotaped motion argument in our in-house, state-of-the-art courtroom allows you see yourself in action and seek feedback from our attorney judges
- Shadow one of our attorneys to experience our day-to-day operations
- Regular, skill-enrichment programs that focus on our four practice areas provided by the Professional Development Committee
- Opportunity to participate in committees including Sandberg Phoenix Women, the Diversity Committee and the Wellness Committee
- Local community enrichment activities such as a networking luncheon with a local judge
- Regularly scheduled social and networking events designed to cultivate professional and personal relationships between summer associates and firm members
Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard P.C is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, assignment and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.